cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Intune Kiosk

dennisnguyen
Explorer
Explorer

We have a Zoom room setup with digital signage enabled.

The computer we are using for the Zoom room is running Windows 11 and setup as a kiosk in Intune.

It seems like Kiosk modes works like it should. On start up, it automatically signs into the kiosk account and Zoom Room automatically launches. The computer does not sleep or hibernate. We can still host and join meetings using this Zoom room without issues. 

We noticed that after rebooting, the digital signage does not display. After multiple reboots, the digital signage eventually shows up. If we randomly decide to reboot the computer, the digital signage stops displaying.

I haven't been able to pin point the root cause for the digital signage issues. Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dennisnguyen
Explorer
Explorer

I was able to resolve the issue on the Kiosk computer I setup. What it boils down to is allowing the other processes for Zoom Rooms to run.

Setting up a computer as a kiosk restricts what is allowed to run. Although most people allow Zoom Rooms to run on a kiosk, you will need to allow the other background processes for Zoom Rooms to run if you want features such as digital signage. 

This will take some detective work on your side. You can setup a Zoom Room on a standard computer to see what processes related to Zoom Rooms are running. You can then take that list and add those processes to the list of process/applications that are allowed to run on the configuration profile for the kiosk.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dennisnguyen
Explorer
Explorer

I was able to resolve the issue on the Kiosk computer I setup. What it boils down to is allowing the other processes for Zoom Rooms to run.

Setting up a computer as a kiosk restricts what is allowed to run. Although most people allow Zoom Rooms to run on a kiosk, you will need to allow the other background processes for Zoom Rooms to run if you want features such as digital signage. 

This will take some detective work on your side. You can setup a Zoom Room on a standard computer to see what processes related to Zoom Rooms are running. You can then take that list and add those processes to the list of process/applications that are allowed to run on the configuration profile for the kiosk.