cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Extension from my number

Wahid
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi! I am hoping that someone here will help me. I need to remove the extension assigned to my Zoom number. How do I do that? Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi wahid,

zoom phone automatically assigns extensions to zoom phone users.  these extensions numbers can be changed but all zoom phone users must have an extension number.  if you delete the zoom phone user, you will delete the extension number.

Managing phone numbers – Zoom Support

i see that the topic is under desk phones and devices.  is your question related to desk phones?  you can display whatever you want on the desk phone to identify each line in terms of user name, extension number or local phone phone number, i.e. eliot 702-960-xxxx or eliot 301 or just eliot.  please see managing keys in the supoort article.

Setting up speed dial and busy lamp field (BLF) – Zoom Support

please let me know if this answers your question.

thanks, eliot

Goretti
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. I was NOT told that we would be assigned an extension during the sales process. I specifically asked who to keep the exact same phone number so I did not have to change my stationary. Is there a way to remove it?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Goretti.  I see both of your similar posts this morning... I'll answer the other one posted here.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !