cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share screen linux wayland broken

franciscolucas
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I just installed Zoom client 6.1 on openSuSE and screen sharing is not showing any option anymore on Basic, but only under Advance tab, and there in this one I can only select Screen Portion, but also cannot confirm the screen sharing. Please fix it or let me know how to downgrade to previous version. Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

megian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same for Arch.

$ pacman -Ss pipewire | grep installed
extra/helvum 0.5.1-1 [installed]
extra/libpipewire 1:1.0.7-2 [installed]
extra/libwireplumber 0.5.3-1 [installed]
extra/pipewire 1:1.0.7-2 [installed]
extra/qemu-audio-pipewire 9.0.1-1 [installed]
extra/wireplumber 0.5.3-1 [installed]

Gnome 46.0-1

crohmann
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue with Arch after updating to 6.1.0.
I can add to the bug report that a pop up is shown saying:

Can not start share, we only support Wayland on GNOME with Ubuntu 17 and above, Fedora 25 and above, Debian 9 and above, Centos 8 [...] Arch Linux, AnterGos, Manjaro.
If your OS is not on the list, please use x11 instead.

When I set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=gnome before starting Zoom screen sharing is offered, but only for a portion of the screen, no windows or whole screens even.

FlyingBuzz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi everyone!
Same error window emerged for me on Arch x86_64 KDE 6.1 after upgrading Zoom to 6.1.

A workaround mentioned by @crohmann results in ability to share only a portion of the screen.

crohmann
Newcomer
Newcomer

There are some more details / analysis happening in the Arch AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zoom#comment-978966

The latest issues with screen sharing seem to stem from xdg-desktop-portal. I made some partial progress: As other noted, setting XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=gome restores the dialog, but there are no sharing options. Logs show Zoom looks for /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal (arch has it under /usr/lib). Adding a corresponding symlink /usr/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal -> /usr/lib/xdg... restores the options as well. But they don't work for me (with sway). The second I select an option an try to share I get this in the logs: "ListModel2<T, Key>::getItemIndex(): key not exists!" (SIC) I got no further for now. Posting in the hopes that it helps someone with more xdg-desktop-portal and Zoom foo.

NRobertson
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is still an issue. Downgraded to 6.0.12-1 and it works again.

Is anyone at zoom working on this?

Olical
Newcomer
Newcomer

Also experiencing this on Arch + KDE Plasma with Wayland since the latest update.

Linux 6.6.34-1-lts #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun, 16 Jun 2024 14:45:31 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

MGSR

Hello there!

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response and any inconvenience caused.

Our engineering team has informed us that a new version 6.1.1 will be available on 6/30 to address the reported bugs. Kindly update your Zoom App and inform us if the issue persists.

For now, thank you for understanding and have a great day!

Can confirm Zoom 6.1.1 this does not solve the problem, at least on Arch. I still need to symlink /usr/lib/xdg-desktop-portal to /usr/libexec. Downgrading to Zoom 6.0.12 resolves the issue.

Additionally, even with the symlink in place, I have the option to share the screen or a window and the share appears to work okay; however, when I click Stop Share it hangs indefinitely, until I force-quit zoom. This is the case in Zoom 6.0.12, 6.1.0 and 6.1.1.

This is the log output produced as soon as I hit "Stop Share"

*** pw_stream_set_active called from wrong context, check thread and locking: Operation not permitted 
*** impl_ext_end_proxy called from wrong context, check thread and locking: Operation not permitted
'this->recurse > 0' failed at ../pipewire/src/pipewire/thread-loop.c:62 do_unlock(

I have exactly the same issue with wayland, garuda linux, and either 6.12.x (where I can share but it locks up forever), or 6.1.1. Sorry to see zoom not working in linux, I guess there is always the web version...... Sadness.

MGSR

Hello @timcsf and @symgryph 

Thank you for letting us know.

Our engineers are aware of the issue. As of now, we do not have an estimated time when it will be fixed but rest assured they are currently working to have this solved.

For now, thank you very much for your patience and understanding.