cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom screen

Rjaeger

Suddenly, two weeks ago, when I am in a zoom room meeting, if someone is off camera, I can no longer see their name in the zoom square. It’s as if no one is there. Similarly, if I take myself off-camera, all I see is a black space without my name.

3 REPLIES 3

jdott16
Community Champion | Employee

Hello,

I would verify in your Zoom Workplace App settings under Video that 'Always display participant name on their videos' is selected. Similarly, I would confirm that a 'Display Name' is added for yourself and others on your Zoom account on the web. If joining a meeting and you are not signed into an account, then unless you add a name to display in a meeting nothing will show. I would verify users are signed into their Zoom accounts. If users are not signed in and do not add a display name when joining, what you are experiencing is expected.

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you,

Jake

I’m not finding “video” in settings. Where is it?

jdott16

Hello,

I have found a good thread about this topic which addresses your query in full. You can find out more about the solution here: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Meetings/Name-not-showing-up-correct-when-in-a-meeting/m-p/165560...

Video settings are in your Zoom Workplace App when you click on your Profile picture in the upper right, then 'Settings'. You should see 'video' on the left. Also, it may be that the host has disabled this feature which is elaborated within the post above.

Thank you,

Jake