cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom problem with remote control in Fedora 40 Workstation (Wayland)

Joys
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi all, I am using Fedora 40 Workstation. I can give access to the mouse to Windows users, but when a Windows user tries to give access to the mouse, the remote control function is not shown to me. In the zoom settings on the site, both have remote control enabled. I have zoom rpm installed. I use Wayland session, before that I used opensuse tumbleweed Gnome with X11 session, same problem with zoom, I can give access to the mouse, but I can not give access to the Windows user. In opensuse there was a flypack version of zoom and opi zoom. I haven't tried the flypack version of zoom in fedora, but I think if the native zoom package has the same problem, it's not the zoom version

My laptop: Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-581S. GPU Nvidia MX 250 

2 REPLIES 2

williamwalker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Interesting problem! It could be a permissions issue. Have you tried running Zoom with elevated privileges (like sudo) just to test? Obviously not a long-term solution, but it might help narrow down the cause. Also, double-check your firewall settings - they can sometimes interfere with remote control features.

I didn't check the firewall settings, I didn't run it via sudo. What firewall settings are you talking about? I'll use sudo to try to run zoom.