cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps deleting conferencing details when I change owner on Google Calendar. How do I stop this?

alexbobchi

So we’ve been having this issue in the sales team, whereby when we have a meeting booked with a prospect/client and I need to change ownership of the zoom to hand it over to a different colleague for example, what happens is that the zoom link gets deleted from the google calendar invitation.

This means: 

1) The zoom details get deleted from the Google Calendar invitation, so the client cannot see where to join the call.

2) Because Zoom deletes the conferencing details, it makes the meeting link invalid. So then the client/guest clicks on the original invitation link and its invalid and the host can no longer host the zoom call.

Why is this an issue?

This means that every time we hand over a zoom meeting to a different colleague, they have to manually add a new zoom conferencing detail. Not only is this additional manual steps but it causes confusion for the guest because they end up receiving multiple conferencing details.

How do I fix this issue? I just want to be able to hand over an existing zoom meeting to a different person and it keep the original zoom details.

Thank you,
Alex

0 REPLIES 0