cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing when I enter a meeting

agustinbio

I am using Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS, updated to latest version.

I have Zoom installed with snap and flatpak (both versions).

Zoom was working perfectly untill some days ago, when suddenly it started to fail.

It fails when I join a meeting. I get to the waiting room, and when I get accepted, and the window closes and a the new window with the actual meeting should open, the application closes due to a crash.

This happens with either versions: snap and flatpak.

I have reported the problem to Zoom, but it persists, it hasn't been corrected.

I installed the Zoom application some time ago, and was working perfectly, and never was updated.

This failure is not due to an application update, in my opinion it is due to a change on the server side.

It could be due to a change in Ubuntu, which obviously got updated in the meantime but, as I still have to add, the problem is not systematic. After many attempts, ranging from 3 to 7 (approximately), the meeting finally starts and works.

So, I insist, the problem seems to have some degree of randomness. So as it could be said: Why don't you just try till it works? Well, I am used to that with applications that weren't natively developed for Linux. But please, I ask to Zoom developers, do fix this issue because it is truly annoying. These attempts take time, and I end up arriving late to meetings.

0 REPLIES 0