cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Workplace does not launch meeting

SambaMystic
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom workplace thinks it's launching the meeting but it's not. This started maybe 4 to 6 weeks ago. I finally resort to the browser version and then about 30 minutes later, the workplace (tries) comes up but it's hanging. I click on settings and that hangs too so no way to clear cache.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 64 bit. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 32-bit. I've tried "cleanzoom.exe" before reinstalling. Nothing works. It does work on my phone (Android).

I have successfully used zoom on this laptop (Windows 11) for years. I have Windows 11 home. Version 10.0.22631

There is no help anywhere out there to resolve this. I am getting zoom meetings to join from a couple coaches so I don't need the professional kind--but given the way it doesn't work and there's no support, I wouldn't anyway.

6 REPLIES 6

NICOLEGKG
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. It does not launch at all. It worked fine a few months ago, but now it does not work at all. It does not even create a shortcut on my desktop when reinstalling. We need help to resolve this issue. 

NICOLEGKG
Newcomer
Newcomer

I found a solution! I tried downloading a previous zoom version and it works now! I downloaded the one from 6.0.3 version from this previous post Solved: Revert to Old Version of Zoom - Zoom Community

cshih3
Newcomer
Newcomer

This works for me:

1. Uninstall the latest 64-bit ZOOM Workplace 6.1.6;

2. Run Cleanzoom;

3. Download and install 32-bit ZOOM Workplace 6.1.6. ZOOM launches again.

Hopefully, ZOOM Support will soon find the 64-bit version bug and then let us know.

Thank you! I've Windows 10 Pro version 2004 64 bits, and I haved the same problem with the 64 bit version of Zoom Workplace, finally I followed your steps, except the "Run cleanzoom" don't know what that means, I downloaded the 32 bit version of Zoom Workplace and the problem's gone. Now everything works great!

Glad it works for you as well.

Please keep in mind that this is only a temporary workaround until ZOOM Support comes up with a good solution.

Cleanzoom is a ZOOM-issued program to clean up after uninstallation, and is available from ZOOM.

MuYiMing
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem on the same timeline. Will try some of these suggested solutions.