cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your internet connection is unstable

Adi22
Newcomer
Newcomer

So i have been receiving this error when the host share the screen and i take control - "Your internet connection is unstable " & the control lags a lot, i cannot get any work done.

I have followed the following steps which i found on the internet and the forum - 

1. I was on W

ifi , checked the speed , its still works good (45 mbps).

2. Tried with wired connection, same problem

3. Tried with zoom browser client , same problem

4. upgraded to latest zoom version, same problem

5.ran the network connectivity tool inside zoom, all looks good there but the problem still persists.

6. Have prioritized the zoom application in task manager at the highest, still same problem

I'm so fed up with  this error now, i cant get any work done. we bought the yearly package of zoom for this sole purpose & its just useless now.

Will appreciate  if anyone can provide any solution.

5 REPLIES 5

bigjlm123
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue on multiple computers. We never had this issue before.  I contacted zoom and they told me to do the following and it's still happening.  Zoom does not want to take accountability for there own issue bc of this, my company is thinking about leaving zoom and going to MS teams.

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, my name is Ryan. 

As discussed, we will continue to work on this issue and provide updates and support needed to resolve the issue.

To start of, please run the Cleanzoom file that you can download to this article Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application to completely remove the Zoom desktop client from Scott's Windows system.

Once the Cleanzoom is complete, please download and install the latest version of Zoom desktop client on the user's system.

Let me know if your still experienced the issue after the process so we can continue providing support.

We appreciate your patience. If there are any additional questions or run into any issues, please feel free to let us know.

Kind Regards,
Ryan

ScoutGill
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you’re experiencing issues with an unstable internet connection, there are several steps you can take to diagnose and potentially fix the problem. Here’s a comprehensive guide:-

1. Check Your Physical Connection
Cables and Connections:- Ensure all cables are securely connected. If you’re using Ethernet, check the cable for any signs of damage.
Router and Modem:- Restart both your modem and router. Unplug them, wait for about 30 seconds, and plug them back in.
2. Evaluate Your Wi-Fi Signal
Signal Strength:- Check the signal strength on your device. If it’s weak, try moving closer to the router.
Interference:- Other electronic devices and thick walls can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Try to minimize obstacles between your device and the router.
3. Test Your Internet Speed
Speed Test:- Use a service like Speedtest.net to measure your current internet speed. Compare the results with your internet plan to see if you’re getting the speeds you’re paying for.
Consistency:- Run the test at different times of the day to check for consistency. Note if the speed drops significantly during peak usage times.
4. Check for Software Issues
Device Issues:- Sometimes the issue might be with your device. Restart your device and see if the connection improves.
Updates:- Ensure your device’s operating system and network drivers are up to date.
Malware and Viruses:- Run a virus scan to ensure your device is not infected with malware that could be affecting your internet connection.

I tried above as mentioned, still the issue persists.

P.S- just want to clarify, the internet connection is very stable at 44 mbps. i think that should be enough to work on zoom. 

ScoutGill
Newcomer
Newcomer

I understand that you're experiencing an unstable internet connection. That can be very frustrating! Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue and get your connection back on track:-

1. Restart Devices:- A simple restart of your modem and router can often resolve temporary glitches. Power them both off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn them back on in the following order: modem first, then router after a minute.
  2. Check Cables:- Ensure all cables are securely plugged in at both ends, especially the connection between your modem and router, and from the router to your device (wired) or the coaxial cable coming into your modem (if applicable).
  3. Wi-Fi Signal:- If you're using Wi-Fi, check the signal strength on your device. A weak signal can cause instability. Move closer to your router or try using a wired ethernet connection for a more stable connection.
  4. Isolate the Problem Device:- Is the instability affecting all your devices, or just one? Try connecting a different device (laptop, phone, etc.) to your network and see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is with a specific device or your overall network connection.
  5. Router Settings:- If you're comfortable with it, you can log in to your router's settings and check for any configuration issues that might be causing instability. Consult your router's manual or the manufacturer's website for instructions on accessing the settings panel.

CarlaA

Hi @Adi22 @bigjlm123 thank you for posting to the Zoom Community! 

Would it be possible to test this functionality on another network/device? This will help us to better assist you in further troubleshooting. Thank you in advance! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?