cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Video preview before joining a meeting

mattbudz
Explorer
Explorer

Previously, when clicking a meeting link, zoom would open and before joining the meeting I would see a video preview of my camera, after upgrading to v6.0.0 I no longer see the video preview and I'm immediately added to the meeting with my camera on.

I found this article: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061118 which mentioned the feature I'm looking for but the video tab in my settings does not have this option.

Any ideas on how to get the video preview enabled again? Is this a feature that has been removed? I'm using the Desktop Client v6.0.0 (33147) on macOS and I'm on the Pro plan. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

The support article you posted is the correct procedure. I also am on a Mac and I see this option.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 09.26.48.png

Your Zoom client is not up to date. The current release is Version: 6.0.11 (35001).

Try updating the Zoom application and restarting your computer. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app if this doesn't help.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

joshkemm
Explorer
Explorer

The issue for me was that I was recently added as a host to a long-standing "Collaboration" meeting "room".

Note: If you are the host of a meeting, you will not be shown the Video Preview dialog before starting a meeting, however, you can test your video settings before you start the meeting.

This is really frustrating that they chose to do this. It makes me want to remove myself from being the host of a meeting because I don't see the video preview anymore.

Frank_TB

Hello,

The support article you posted is the correct procedure. I also am on a Mac and I see this option.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 09.26.48.png

Your Zoom client is not up to date. The current release is Version: 6.0.11 (35001).

Try updating the Zoom application and restarting your computer. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app if this doesn't help.

Regards

Thanks, this seems to be the setting I was looking for, it wasn't showing up for me in 6.0.0 but it's there again in 6.0.11

Frank_TB

Hello,

You can easily preview your video in a meeting while keeping your camera image hidden.

While your camera is off click on the video controls in the meeting toolbar and select the Video settings option. This will show you a preview of the currently selected camera. You can make adjustments while no one sees your camera image.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 09.31.16.png

Regards

joshkemm
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks @Frank_TB, in combination with the setting "Stop my video when joining" and your suggestion of previewing the video through the "Video settings" option, this is an acceptable solution.