cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join meeting

Ian99
Newcomer
Newcomer

A participant was removed in error from meeting. On retrying they got a message saying unable to rejoin as previously removed by host. How can they be permissioned? On the latest version of the software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @Ian99 ! By default, if you remove meeting participants from the live session, they will not be able to rejoin the session using the same email address, but will be able to rejoin a future session.

If you would like to allow removed participants to be able to rejoin, this behavior can be changed, but the live session will not be immediately impacted, as it will need to be stopped and restarted before the change is recognized. For more info, this article from our support site might be useful! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bri

Hi @Ian99 ! By default, if you remove meeting participants from the live session, they will not be able to rejoin the session using the same email address, but will be able to rejoin a future session.

If you would like to allow removed participants to be able to rejoin, this behavior can be changed, but the live session will not be immediately impacted, as it will need to be stopped and restarted before the change is recognized. For more info, this article from our support site might be useful! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi I was having an issue joining a meeting. I followed a link given by a teacher on D2L. When the zoom screen loaded I was asked to sign in. Upon signing in it told me I was not authorized, as a host. I'm not a host I'm a student. I tried to access the meeting through another computer and my phone only to receive the same issue. I tried updating zoom only to get the same issue. I think there's maybe an issue with my account but I'm unsure. Going from the given meeting link to the zoom meeting should work on it's own I shouldn't be made to long in.