cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Meeting with Different Email than Registration

christyg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, I have scheduled a large Zoom meeting for work that requires registration. If someone clicks to Join the meeting from the confirmation email, but is logged in from a different Zoom account OR not logged in at all, will they have an issue accessing the meeting?

I used the Zoom web portal to schedule the meeting. In the In Meeting Settings, I am not requiring authentication (because I am manually approving registrants). Also, the "Show a 'Join from your browser'" link is enabled. Are there any other settings I should consider?

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @christyg.

With "not requiring authentication", anyone with a join link should be able to enter the webinar directly.  Note that this does not prevent someone who gets the link from sharing it with others, so attendees themselves might not be "approved" even though the recipient of the link was approved.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

This applies to meetings and webinars. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @christyg.

With "not requiring authentication", anyone with a join link should be able to enter the webinar directly.  Note that this does not prevent someone who gets the link from sharing it with others, so attendees themselves might not be "approved" even though the recipient of the link was approved.

One more quick question - does this apply to both Meetings and Webinars? This is a meeting with the large meeting add-on, not a webinar. Thanks!

Ray_Harwood

This applies to meetings and webinars. 

Got it! Thanks.

christyg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for your quick reply!  I understand re: sharing the link with others; we'll still have a waiting room on to safeguard against unwanted guests. Thank you!!