cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Reset Password after disabling SSO log in

abhijit_r2b
Newcomer
Newcomer

After purchasing a Zoom Pro account, I disabled SSO login and accidentally signed out before i was able to set the password for email log in. Now I am unable to login with both email and Google SSO. If i log in with Google SSO, it just shows 'You cannot log into your Zoom account using this method. Contact your IT administrator for instructions. (2,025) '. And if i try to reset the password using 'Forgot Password', i get an email that says 'There was recently a request to change the password on your account. Based on our records, you used Google to sign in Zoom, click the button below, then select sign in with Google.' and the link leads me to the same sign in page as earlier and the cycle repeats. Now I am unable to access my account using either Google or email log in. How do I reset password and gain access to my account? Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abhijit_r2b
Newcomer
Newcomer

The issue got resolved. I am not sure exactly why. But after multiple failed sign in attempts I was locked out of attempting to sign in again. Then I tried signing up with the same account from the Zoom Desktop app. It asked for an OTP which I entered, but the process did not complete and it showed that I can't sign up as I was locked out. After 30 minutes I attempted to sign in and reset password, this time I got the link to actually reset the password and was able to access my account.  So, either you have to wait 30 minutes after disabling SSO login for zoom to reset password. Or, you have to sign up using your email address from the Zoom app. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

abhijit_r2b
Newcomer
Newcomer

The issue got resolved. I am not sure exactly why. But after multiple failed sign in attempts I was locked out of attempting to sign in again. Then I tried signing up with the same account from the Zoom Desktop app. It asked for an OTP which I entered, but the process did not complete and it showed that I can't sign up as I was locked out. After 30 minutes I attempted to sign in and reset password, this time I got the link to actually reset the password and was able to access my account.  So, either you have to wait 30 minutes after disabling SSO login for zoom to reset password. Or, you have to sign up using your email address from the Zoom app.