cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - They send me a virtual link to join a meeting but it does not make me access (asking for me

ANC13
Newcomer
Newcomer

URGENT - They send me a virtual link to join a meeting but it does not make me access (asking for meeting n. and password) .  Pls help. Thank you 

normally the link should connect me to the meeting ? 
here is just asking me the meeting n. and the password but if I put  the relative parts of the virtual link it feels me that the info are wrong. 
‘maybe because the meeting started already ?

pls help. It was very important. 
‘thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ANC13.

It's difficult to tell exactly what the issue is. Assuming that you have the full and correct Meeting ID and Passcode, it's possible that the meeting host canceled the meeting, or you tried to join after the meeting was over.

Make sure to copy and paste the Passcode completely and without any extra characters, or if typing it in manually, be sure to use the proper UPPER and lowercase letters - it's case sensitive.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I had sane issue with a link I used last month fine. All other members got in using the link so I missed a whole day of training. 
I even typed in meeting id as it should be still no good. And it seems no help from Zoom unless your premium 

Bhishma66
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue, did you resolve it. I used the mobile app to join a meeting last month all good. This month get getting invalid meeting id, yet it was the same link I used last month. And everyone else got on using the same link??? So frustrating and zoom support is none existent unless you go premium. 
absolute crap show

Hello @Bhishma66,

We have released a new version 6.1.1, kindly update your Zoom App to the newest version.

Here are also some things you can try to fix the issue:

• Log out and relaunch: Try logging out and relaunching the Zoom app.
  • Check your internet: Make sure your internet connection is stable.
  • Contact the host: Verify that the ID and passcode are correct.
  • Enter manually: Try manually entering the meeting ID and passcode the host provided.

Thank you and have a great day!

Moderator, could you also tell me why I need a PASSCODE but other people don't for some meetings? I don't always get the passcode in time so I miss online webinars when they use an open meeting link. (Sorry to highjack but I posted this elsewhere and no one answered LOL). Thank you.