cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides as virtual background - external camera issue

larsno_kth
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using the "Slides as virtual background" feature a lot when recording presentations and it works like a charm!

But, I just ran into an issue when I connected my iPhone as webcam using a third party app "EpocCam". It does not overlay the video on top of the slides. Switching back to the FaceTime cam while in the same meeting - with slides shared - works fine. I would like to use the iPhone cam though, since its resolution is much better. I am on a MacBook Pro 2020, MacOS 11.6 running Zoom 5.9.1 (3506).

Any help appreciated! I 

2 REPLIES 2

Sujay_Dhawade
Explorer
Explorer

It's Never a good option to use 3rd party apps for WEBCAM Usage on MacDevices.

Yeah, you heard it right. Mostly Apple devices are highly secured. This disallows the 3rd party app to use your iPhone camera. I am suggesting you to use the FaceTime Cam. Don't use 3rd party apps, they might not work as fine as you want. Also, just to clear whenever i used 3rd party apps for my webcam uses, it always messed up and never worked fine for morethan 10 mins. So ending up, i recommend using default applications and not 3rd party apps. And also, dont worry as there is no problem with your devices, they are fine. 

(Me just being curious, 
Why you want to use iphone's camera? MacBooks have pretty good cameras right?🙃)

Agree, most things work fine with Facetime cam, but with the iPhone resolution is better (1080) and also I can position the camera better to match light source and seating/position without having to move laptop around.

Also, I just find it strange that the slide virtual background does not work. I can even resize the box where the video clip should be, but its not…..