Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing "Frames per second"

Filipclass
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I wanted to upgrade (pay sub) to more professional service from google meet to zoom, but i'm having problem with Frames per second, it's laggy as hell when doing screen share. On google meet there is lag, but drastically less. Tried discord the frames are perfect and it's smooth. 

Is zoom locked behind paywall or am i missing something?

284.3 Megabits per second (internet speed test)
gtx 1060 6gb Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Screen sharing a VIDEO requires you to select "optimize for video clip" before clicking "share" or select "optimize for video clip" from the more menu after sharing. Not selecting this will set resolution to the screen's resolution (i.e. 4K on a 4K screen) and frame rate based on bandwidth, graphics card, CPU, and other participant devices.

Thanks for reply,

The content i'm sharing is drawing software where i just write math stuff to kids with wacom tablet. When i write numbers it's laggy and showing 1-5 max fps in statistics. (no video)
Tried:
1.  optimize for video clip - even worse, max 1fps
2. Unplug all monitors and using smallest one 1920x1080 - same no difference
3. Turn of windows defender - nothing
4. Turn off every single app(even in task manager) - same thing.
5. Trying to share whole screen/different software - same thing

Max fps is 5. If i need to upgrade i would do it, but i don't want to pay for something that provides glitching and laggy experience for clients.