cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a powerpoint presentation to be used later via a link

saundra
Newcomer
Newcomer

I need to do a pre-recorded powerpoint presentation with sound. I need to be able to utilize it at other times as well as if needed, send it to others via a possible link.  Is this possible and if so, I would I accomplish?

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @saundra 

Yes, you can record a powerpoint presentation during a Zoom meeting and use it later. I would suggest the following: 

1. Schedule a meeting named after the presentation. This will be helpful for finding the recording later on. 
  2. I'd suggest not inviting anyone to the session, so that you can get a clean, uninterrupted recording of your presentation. 
  3. Share your presentation in the meeting 
  4. Begin recording to the cloud.

Once you're done recording, end the meeting and wait for the cloud recording to finish processing. Then you can get the sharing link and send that out for others to view the recording.  
Keep in mind, this process requires a Pro account, since you are recording to the cloud. You can also record locally, but will need to use a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive, to upload the file and share a link to that recording. 

If you just need to record audio for your powerpoint, that is something you can already do within Powerpoint itself. This guide shows you how to do that without using Zoom at all. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I am new to doing this on zoom. How would I go about doing it in icloud? I was attempting to do it, but it didn't come out right, and I know I wasn't doing it in icloud.  Is there a video I could watch or a step by step guide that could be followed.

I did do a powerpoint with the voice, but when I sent it for attaching it to a webpage the person indicated that there was no sound, however the sound is there when I play it and she indicated I needed to do it through zoom.

Bort

Yes, as provided in my intial response, this guide will show you how to record to the cloud: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording

You may need to check your recording settings to ensure you get the correct video layout. I'd suggest enabling the Record active speaker with shared screen option