cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help! Live Transcription option not found in advanced settings

Nfiles06
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been trying to sort out live transcription for weeks now, with no luck. When I go into Advanced meeting settings in my account, the only options are for manual captions - see below:

Manual captions

Allow host to type closed captions or assign a participant/3rd-party service to add closed captions
Allow host to type or assign a participant to type
Allow use of caption API Token to integrate with 3rd-party Closed Captioning services

I don't have the option to turn on live transcription. We have participants in our meetings who need CC. I'm at the point of wanting to cancel zoom and switch to teams if we can't resolve this. Can anyone help?!
2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA

Hello @Nfiles06 thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with enabling automated captioning. Please note the following:

• You must be an Account owner or have admin privileges to enable automated captions
  • If manual captioning is enabled for the session, you can't use automated captions in the meeting/webinar or breakout rooms. 
  • Some HIPAA-security enabled accounts do not have access to automated captions. Please contact your Account Executive to update your HIPAA-security agreement in order to have this enabled for your account. 
  • Automated captions are not available for On-Prem accounts.

If none of these points are a factor for you, please follow the steps outlined here to enable the automated caption:  Enabling automated captions 

Keep me updated! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

rec'd invite to zoom mtg this am.  couldn't find anything to click to get closed captions.  i cannot "hear" otherwise.  this was an invite.  how could I enable the closed captions on this meeting.  can't find any instructions that would help me with this.