cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook crashes when deleting/modifying zoom meetings

CleanTeeth21
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have some Administrative professionals that maintain email/calendars for various executives.  and in the last few weeks, they have been noticing odd outlook calendar issues with zoom meetings

- If they cancel a zoom meeting from one of the executives calendar, the Admins outlook crashes, and when they reopen outlook , they get a message indicating that 'outlook has disabled the zoom plugin.

- We've verified they are on the current zoom outlook plugin

- So far this is happening to about 5 of our Admin. professionals.   any thoughts or suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

ratherdashing42
Newcomer
Newcomer

This exact thing is happening to me, feels like a bug with the plugin. Just sent feedback to Zoom and hope they fix it I guess!

Secondalrm
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same exact issue here as well.  Updated plugin and all.  

jdtimmons
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issue here.  Only work around I have found is to Open the Entire Sequence, add a space to the end of the meeting name, save the sequence, and then edit/delete the single occurrence of the meeting.   This seems to be a problem that the Zoom Plugin has been having for Years.  I am not sure and have no access to their code, but I did notice that when it comes to daylight savings time; Zoom changes their time zone settings (For CST) between GMT -6 and GMT-5.  Windows and every other program I have ever seen, just changes the clock and leaves the time zone setting to GMT -6.  I am pretty sure this would be enough to though meetings out of sync between Outlook and Zoom.

ther0g
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are also experiencing this with our execs assistants . I've had this happen to myself also randomly with trying to cancel a zoom meeting and it happens to EAs more since they cancel them daily.  

Jyoav
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue, primarily with recurring meetings.  Based on some testing I have done, it seems like meetings that are new do not generate these problems but meetings that are a few months old, recur and have had some occurrence time and date changes cause the crash in Outlook.

MGSR

Hi @CleanTeeth21 

Did you see the response from @Jyoav? It is worth trying this work around. 
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

@MGSR Experiencing the same issue every time I cancel a meeting in Outlook that has a Zoom invite attached.  While you mention "testing the workaround from @Jyoav ", their reply isn't really something you can test...it's just indicating that for them it happens more with old meeting invites.  Please advise as to how this problem can be resolved.

Hello @VPSUser 

You can install the Zoom for Outlook add-in. 

The Zoom for Outlook add-in allows you to manage scheduling within the Outlook web and desktop apps. The add-in can be deployed and configured by Outlook admins and, once installed by users, it allows you to add a Zoom meeting to a new or existing Outlook calendar event

You can read more in this article

If you still experience issues after using the add-in, please submit a ticket for further troubleshooting assistance.

So, it appears that @MGSR  is a bot.  Regardless, the add-in is what is crashing.  I have tried to uninstall/reinstall several times but to no avail.  Microsoft has confirmed that it is an issue on the Zoom side and there is already a ticket open.  Please advise.

ashattia
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the exact same issue. Any updates from Zoom?

miricu
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm experiencing the same problem. There's a new one that occurred in the last week - If I delete an instance of a recurring meeting with a zoom link, it reappears after a while. Second time deletion works, however outlook occasionally crashes during deletion. 
Any update on a fix? 

This comes down to the integration between Zoom and Outlook. There is a gap in the logic in terms of Outlook handles updates to recurring meetings. You have two options. You could manually make updates or changes to Outlook meetings. Alternatively, there are scheduling apps that can better account recurring Zoom options. One option for scheduling recurring Zoom meetings available in the Zoom marketplace that integrates with both Outlook and Zoom is Salepager.