cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Original Sound for Musician” Leave setting on

Fitness
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a Zoom account that I use exclusively to livestream and record classes in my fitness studio and use a professional audio and camera set-up.  If I do not have the "Original Sound for Musicians" set to On the music is filtered out by the Zoom software.   I need this set to be on 100% of the time, but I can not find a setting that will allow me to do this.   Can you tell me how to adjust my preference or settings so that this is always on?   

I'm sure that anyone livestreaming fitness classes, teaching music lessons, or recording music wouldn't want to enable this feature every single time they use zoom.

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA

Hi @Fitness, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Can you confirm, the "Original Sound for Musicians" setting is configured on Zoom desktop client/app? In the Zoom desktop client/app, go to Settings then Audio. Once enabled, start the meeting.

To have the setting applied to all your meetings, make sure that you are signed in to the Zoom desktop client/app when you host the meeting. Clicking the meeting link will open a browser, you may be signed in to the Zoom web portal and you will appear to be signed in when you join the meeting but if you are not signed in to the Zoom desktop client/app, the settings you made in the app will not be applied. Also, please make sure you are using the latest Zoom desktop client/app version 🙂

How to enable and configure original sound for musicians

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?