cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app UI is terrible - I need my list of meetings, not a calendar view

draddison
Explorer
Explorer

I launched the app today to an unpleasant surprise - there seems to be no way to get my list of recurring meetings to show up other than from a tiny dropdown?  This is a terrible change for my use purposes - most of my meetings are "no fixed time" and I rely on being able to see and access that list easily throughout my work day as I meet with clients. The other thing I do at start is launch my personal meeting room for drop-in meetings, and that is also difficult to find and access. I do not want Zoom to manage my calendar, I do not want or need a calendar view, and now there is no option other than this useless view? I would like to have choice in what kind of display I have, because this is not it! Older questions about this kind of issue reference a "merge meetings and calendar tab" option in account settings, but this setting DOES NOT EXIST - I have searched the account settings using Zoom's search feature and it returns no results (see image 2 below).

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 11.09.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 11.06.29 AM.png

13 REPLIES 13

scottman586
Newcomer
Newcomer

Commenting to agree, having the exact same experience. I do not, nor will I ever, want Zoom to manage my calendar. My clients require flexibility and I move things around entirely too much to use anything other than "No Fixed Time" for my meetings. Zoom, give me my meetings tab back!

Agreed, this is frustrating. We have found a workaround where we create a spreadsheet with all our recurring meetings in one location to easily track. We also found a Zoom app, Salepager, that creates a dashboard with out recurring Zoom meetings to access easily throughout the day.

raposa
Newcomer
Newcomer

+1 There was a similar change earlier this year. I found a setting that restored the old behavior to show meetings in the app. I can no longer find an option to restore the old behavior. You can kinda get there when the window size is small there's a "See meetings" button. Sorry, I don't have permission to upload images.

Gregnc
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm pissed with Zoom! They are constantly changing the UI, and now the latest update has removed my meetings tab. I've spent hours trying to get it back and finally did, but it's smaller and beside a calendar that I do not have any use for. Just give me a simple meeting UI and leave all the other junk for others. My clients are also having trouble with all the moving around of settings. I'm not against integrations of other features, but please keep the meetings tab easy to access without any other features. KISS!

Rojask
Explorer
Explorer

I have the same issue and need the list view shown in Zoom help pages restored. Anyone from Zoom able to help??

tlambe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agree to comment above. Prefer to have list of my Zoom meetings not my calendar. Majority of my meetings are recurring adhoc scheduled in Zoom not on my calendar.

Also on new side panel calendar, previous "Meetings" screen could select "Everyone" to show meetings scheduled as host or co-host.  The "All events" in new dropdown does not show co-host meetings. Don't have a way to easily start co-host meetings now. Must know what host scheduled meeting.

maxzoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

This update is absolute garbage. Now I have yet another calendar to be linked to, GUI is reducing functionality. It's very likely an information grab for their aggregation of data mining (which is now become industry practice). They add silly things like emojis based on movement yet they reduce/remove the core functionality, sorting, etc. Makes me wonder who the decision makers are. Each time, I am considering finding a new platform.

dan_suthers
Newcomer
Newcomer

Strongly agree with this. When I start the app I need to quickly pick a meeting and enter it. Some, such as my office "room", are not scheduled so are not on the calendar. I have to do Command-J and paste in the Zoom ID that I have saved in a text file to email to students. Zoom should become familiar with user work practices before breaking them with major changes like this. 

Well after a while I found the tiny personal meeting room ID bottom right. But it should be more prominent, and we should have the option of disabling a calendar we don't use and just having a button for each defined meeting. 

chaobai
Newcomer
Newcomer

chaobai_0-1726599165101.png

@draddison maybe this would help

Tracy123

Glad I'm not the only one who hates this update. It has completely disrupted my usual workflow. I end up running late for important client meetings because I'm forced to search through Zoom's calendar for my recurrent meetings (which are often scheduled ad-hoc/rescheduled to different days of the week), whereas I could previously just scroll through a single, compact list and immediately find what I needed. How did they push such a huge change to the UI with no choice to make this feature "optional"? Did they do any user research to test whether this feature makes sense to implement across the board? These features add too many bells and whistles to the point of making the product lose its basic functionality.

The calendar feature needs to be "optional", with the option for a "list view" instead.

And if a meeting has more than 60 occurrences, it doesn't need to clutter my UI - I just need one link located in the same place every week.

JDT1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agreed! It was shocking and disorienting to log-in to find the major change, especially since I forgot to add a Zoom link to an Outlook Calendar invite. This intensified the feeling of being flustered and anxious for me  😭😭.

Also the new location for some reoccurring meetings (my personal ID is not listed at the top anymore) has moved to the right, requires an expansion button, and the text is very small! I wish it was the other way around. If I wanted to see a Calendar sync, I would rather push the expand button for that, not have it as my default dashboard.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello Zoom Community members! I'm sorry for the delayed response. 

The setting for merging the Meetings and Calendar tabs was removed from the Web portal on September 16, 2024. For Zoom Workplace app version 6.2.0 and higher, the tabs are now permanently merged to enhance visibility of calendar views and meeting details. More details on this change are available in our support article: Using the merged Meetings and Calendar tabs. Using the "Agenda" option will provide a view that is more similar to the previous Meetings view rather than a full calendar view

MGSR_0-1726784192771.png

If you would like to submit a feature request regarding the Calendar view, you can do so using the Give Feedback tab within the Zoom client.

Thank you for understanding.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?