cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virtual background appears on my clothing and not on the green screen.

Onceover1
Newcomer
Newcomer

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Community Moderator | Employee

Hey @Onceover1, with the green screen setting on you will have to select the color of the background that you would like your virtual background to show up on.

If you click on the button on the screen that says "Manually pick the color of the background if the detected color is not accurate" you can then choose your green screen behind you and it should be corrected. 

Suggest making sure your clothing is a different color from your screen behind you. Lighting also makes a difference which can correct for any shadows in not-so-good lighting situations. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

brianHolt
Newcomer
Newcomer

So, I'm having the same issue but there is no option to select the color of my green screen.  It simply has a checkbox next to "I have a green screen".  The help icon next to it simply suggests using a green color. 

MGSR

Hello @brianHolt,

Kindly update your Zoom App to the latest version. To adjust your background settings, go to Settings > Background & Effects. When you click on the option for "I have a green screen," it will let you manually choose the background color if the automatic detection isn’t accurate. To do this, click on your video and select the area where you want the color to be detected. This way, you can fine-tune the background effect to your preference.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?