Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting recording location when another attendee hit record

joreillyscott
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there

I was the host of a meeting, one of the attendees hit record, I hit allow recording. The recording is not in my C-drive where my recordings usually save. Any suggestions / help would be hugely appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @joreillyscott.

When someone else requests recording permission and you grant it, they record locally to their computer. You do not have access to it, unless they make it available to you on some sort of file share service. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @joreillyscott.

When someone else requests recording permission and you grant it, they record locally to their computer. You do not have access to it, unless they make it available to you on some sort of file share service. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray!

I just attended a zoom meeting (was not the host) I have a basic zoom account but I adjusted my settings to save recordings locally to my device. If I was not the host but hit record and he accepted for me to record the meeting, will the recording come to me or the host? I am not able to find the recording of the meeting on my local HD. Zoom tech support said that the recordings only go to the host. Can you advise?

I'm a newbie here and any help would be greatly appreciated! 

joreillyscott
Newcomer
Newcomer

awesome thanks so much Ray