cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Invites

Dougqup
Newcomer
Newcomer

I schedule a meeting, copy and paste the meeting link to slack and text. I start the meeting inside zoom app, guests are having a hard time joining the meeting. Often, I have to restart the meeting to enable everyone to join. I get emails saying guests have joined and are in the waiting room, but they don’t show up in the meeting.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here! Please help! Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Jonathan89
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ever since the recent update, I noticed this issue too. In the past, I was able to use the same meeting link for all attendees and all meetings, so when I clicked "meet now," it was always the same link to the meeting room. Not needing to create a new link for each meeting was convenient because I have many time changes and dozens of clients, so creating a new link every time and sending it out to each client individually would have been a hassle. However, now when I click "meet now," the link changes each time.

Regarding your issue, I surmise that you could be sending a link to one room, but then when you open the meeting it might be opening in another room, and therefore require a new link? I just hope Zoom can reinstate the consistent meeting links because it has been frustrating to send a unique link to each client every time.

Thanks for your help on this. 

I’m not sure how to specify a certain room when scheduling a new meeting. Please let me know. 

Pippo1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having a different but related issue.  Since the update, I can't copy the invitation to paste into an email.  When I click on copy invite, nothing happens.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hm, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom? If the issue persists you can schedule the meeting using an email calendar or a Zoom app for sending invitations (e.g. Salepager).

I haven't tried uninstalling it - may have to give it a try.  It used to work so easily 😞

tapmemp
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi All. The inability to copy the same link to all clients makes Zoom useless. We have many clients who are given the link days before in advertising to a closed group. It is virtually impossible to send the link by email from the Zoom app or through Google because the email address may not be known. We have been able to copy the link from the app or an email up until 04/2024. Any help please. We are non-commercial Society.