cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local recording isn't converting, giving me error

peoniesandsun
Newcomer
Newcomer

For years I have been recording my pilates classes to my computer and then they convert to one file which I put on my desktop. I download this to youtube and send it out. Recently, after stopping the recording, it tells me that there is another recording converting, so it can't do this one, yet I can't find where the other file that is converting is. When I look at the recordings in my zoom account under local, they are now in two parts instead of one.  I am at a loss where to find other converting video and how to get back to my original way of doing it . Thank you in advance for your help.  Gretchen

4 REPLIES 4

Linda-BTJ
Newcomer
Newcomer

You are not the only person having issues!  Although my error message is worded different, I am also having issues with the ".zoom" files (stored locally) failing to convert from native format into MP4.  I have made a lot of meeting recordings over the years, almost all of them saved to my local drive = this has happened only 2 times, but both of these times were this month.  The file location is the same, and I do have space on my drive. After finding this post, I also discovered 4 other posts all on same issue, and all are recently dated Sept & Oct 2023.  I suspect a software bug may have been introduced with the most recent update. 

peoniesandsun
Newcomer
Newcomer

Linda, I am glad I am not the only one but this doesn't help our cause.  I recorded it to the cloud today and was able to send it out to my group after.  For my purposes, this is ok but I don't know how long those videos are available, and on youtube they last forever.  Thanks for your input.  Gretchen 

steviehday
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a similar issue except for me the recordings simply aren't being converted and when I click on the 'double click to convert' nothing happens. 
I have been using Zoom for years without issues but since October getting glitches. Also not able to launch the Desktop client by clicking on a zoom meeting link / URL - I have to go into the client and click 'start meeting'

peoniesandsun
Newcomer
Newcomer

Stevie, Sorry for your troubles. As Linda stated above there is certainly some bug in the latest update.  I continue to record to cloud and then share it this way.  You have an added complexity.  Have a good Thanksgiving.