cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Zoom participants - Can you join a meeting from anywhere in Europe?

MVFILMSOCIETY
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi

I am planning a Zoom meeting with some participants being from outside the USA -- primarily Europe.   Will these participants be able to join the meeting using the same invitation browser link?  

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@MVFILMSOCIETY - At this time, the only places in Europe that would not be able to use the same join link are users in occupied portions of the Ukraine.  If Zoom is enabled in a country, the same link will work for them.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065066

Unfortunately this did not work -- we tried to link with a participant I sent an invitation to living in Hungary.  And they got an error message when trying to connect.   Was this because Hungary has a block on Zoom, or could my settings be off in some way.  I will check out the article above. 

not being very IT technical -- I would not readily know how to check our firewall or proxy servers to see if they are preventing international zoom callers to join in.   We had a similar situation happen 6 months ago with a Canadian caller. 

colegs

@MVFILMSOCIETY - Zoom is not blocked in Hungary, so that shouldn't be the issue unless they are using a VPN to appear in a different location.  Can you give me the exact error (or maybe a screen shot of the error) so we can better diagnose what is going on?

Finally, I have time to check what Zoom has written when rejected my entering to the meeting:

Here  is the text:

“This meeting is not accessible from Hungary at this time. Meeting ID: 878 674 8821.”

They have offered to report he problem that I did, but never received any reaction.

I check our firewall, and proxies and there are no indications of clocking.   

FelixBurnett2
Explorer
Explorer

Yes, participants from Europe can join the Zoom meeting using the same invitation link. Make sure they have the correct time zone info and check the bio page for any regional-specific details or requirements.