cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of flipping Fathom?

JEFFWEST63
Explorer
Explorer

How do I kill Fathom. I have uninstalled it restarted my computer and it is still asking to load Fathom as I am trying to join a zoom call.

It is iritating to say the least.

It is like a cockroach infesting zoom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

44 REPLIES 44

wvw
Newcomer
Newcomer

Tried all sorts of things to remove it from the desktop app and stumble on https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062865 which worked.

cheers.

GiseleGrenier
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same for me... I'm uninstalled the desktop app, removed it from Windows startup, deleted my account over at fathom and nothing appears in Added Apps.  Yet when I start a zoom call, a popup appears with fathom wanting to load.

Frustrating!

AnnaMcK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Try this - it seems to have worked for me: 

• in the left hand menu, scroll down to the "admin" section, and click "advanced"
  • then click on App Marketplace
  • in the App Market place, type "Fathom" into the search bar and then select Fathom (2 options came up for me - probably either option will work)
  • you'll be taken to the app page. Scroll down below the video, and an options menu appears at the top of your screen. Select the "Manage" option
  •  Under "Manage" you should see an option to remove all permissions for Fathom, select that, then confirm your selection in the pop up box. 

That process seems to have removed Fathom from trying to join my meetings (without me having to contact the app developer at all).

Good luck - I hope this works for you!

Sadly this didn't work for me. When I went to Manage there was no remove all permissions for Fathom. 

Change your room meeting. Or connecte to Zoom.us, make change in the details of your meeting in Live Streaming, delete it.