cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Boxes in screen sharing

Jackknorr
Explorer
Explorer

I have a client that has an issue with sharing her screen. When she is sharing the screen, she only selects the app, not the screen to share (she is dead set on doing this). The participants see large gray boxes where she sees the controls and if she breaks out something like chat, they will see a gray box where her chat is. So far We have tried this:

Uninstall and reinstall the zoom client

Uninstalled again using the CleanZoom utility and reinstalled the client

We have tried it with and without hardware acceleration

We have tried it with and without video optimization

We have changed the screen Capture mode to "Capture with window filtering" as suggested on these forums

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver

We have confirmed that this does happen if she is a participant and not a host

We have confirmed that this does not happen if we use strictly the web

None of this helps.  Is there anything else we can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LamL
Explorer
Explorer

Go to the Intel's site and download the newer driver direct from there. I wasn't able to get it from the Lenovo drivers.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

LamL
Explorer
Explorer

Hi I have recently encountered this issue and after extensive testing and communication with zoom. My solution was updating my intel graphics driver to the newest version. 

Jackknorr
Explorer
Explorer

That has already been done in my case

Can you confirm the driver is 32.0.101.5972 ?

Jackknorr
Explorer
Explorer

The Adaptor is Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Driver date: 6/10/24

Version: 31.0.101.5590

These were installed from the Lenovo drivers page for this model computer.

LamL
Explorer
Explorer

Go to the Intel's site and download the newer driver direct from there. I wasn't able to get it from the Lenovo drivers.

That did the Trick!

Jackknorr
Explorer
Explorer

thanks for the info, I will not be able to install these until, at least, tomorrow.

No problem, hoping this fix works for you!

bettyx
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank God. I sloved this issue and come back here to share with you guys. First of all the main cause of the problem is the last update windows received. To solve this problem we will revert windows to its previous state.
Step by step you should do it like this.

1- Open up the control panel

2- Select system and security

3- Choose backup and restore

4- Select 'security and maintenance' in the bottom left corner of the pop-up window

5- Then click on the blue 'save' in the middle

6- Press 'open system restore' (second one)

7- Click on the 'next' and complete the restore

This process does not affect your documents, images and other personal data.

I hope I've been able to help you. 🙂

WizMK46
Newcomer
Newcomer

In my scenario, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 devices equipped with Intel Iris graphics were affected by driver version 31.0.101.5590, which appears to be faulty.

Not all related Intel Iris recent drivers from Intel's site resolve the issue.

I found that driver version 32.0.101.5542, available through the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Catalog, is compatible and effectively resolves the black box rendering issue.

You have to block update that driver by ID in policy if you are working in company and managing endpoint through Intune / Active Drirectory.