cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing security settings on recurring meeting changes time on events to current time

colcass312
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have had this issue for almost a year, never got a resolution, and now it is has snowballed.
I was trying to edit settings of a Zoom meeting so that its not 'Waiting room only' and 'Authorized users only.' When trying to save this setting, I am logged into GCalendar, and it auto-saves the recurrence to the current time (it was 11:52 am) today. Then I edited the Title, date/time in Zoom, but now the new one, recurring (maybe forvever) at 11:52, is still in GCal, but as a non-recurring meeting, so i literally cannot delete it. Its not in Zoom listing, and to delete in GCal I would need to delete 1 at a time, and I don't think theres an end date. My whole org has been asking/so confused why I changed a big meeting to this random time.
Help!

2 Looms:

Every time i edit a security setting, time changes to current time (pardon vocal frustration):

now I can't delete these from GCal, bc they aren't configured from Zoom as 'recurring

https://www.loom.com/share/9c6047e071944737a6e7b5f497534594?sid=cee6af87-d098-48ac-8280-249f2c477609

1 REPLY 1

meriment
Participant
Participant

This a common occurrence with Gcal and recurring meetings. Updates to recurring meetings don't work well with Gcal as they don't sync over. You can either delete each occurrence one by one or consider using a scheduler that is better integrates with recurring Zoom meetings such as Salepager.