cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display name is different during Zoom meeting, than what is on my profile

kat907
Newcomer
Newcomer

My display name shows up correctly when logged into zoom.com, however every single time I enter a new meeting my display name shows up as my complete name (first, middle and last), which isn't listed on my profile. Every single time I click the three dots, and rename, but the next time I join a meeting my full name is there again. I've tried the other solutions listed in this community, and none of them work. 

2 REPLIES 2

ADMT
Newcomer
Newcomer

@kat907 To change your displayed name for all meetings, log into your Zoom profile, click edit, and type in your preferred name in the display name field. Then click the save button. You can find more details about this in this Zoom article: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060639 As the article states, the display name is a field that may be disabled by your account administrator.

As stated in my post, my display name is correct when logged into my profile. When I join a Zoom meeting, it shows up incorrectly, and I have to manually update it each time. 

However, I figured out that if I joined the meeting by copying the code and not clicking the link, my display name would show correctly. So, I believe the display name issue is associated with the person hosting the meeting.