cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Notifications in Chat Inquiry

KellyG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is there a way to turn off the notifications in the chat when people leave or join the meeting? It is very distracting when we have over 700 people on a call and the chat features shows everyone leaving one by one to join breakout rooms etc. 

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @KellyG

Try this, go into your app settings on the Zoom Desktop Client and then click on the chat tab on the left-hand side. I am not 100% sure if this is an in-meeting and out of meeting notification, but you can test it and let me know. If it is only for out of meeting chat, then I would log into your account at zoom.us/profile/settings and uncheck the sound notifications when someone joins or leaves your meeting. 

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 3.27.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 3.23.29 PM.png

Please let me know if this works for you. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

MSAtK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I have the same question, and you answered a different question.

The chat now announces in text that people have joined or left the meeting. Turning off the sound alert doesn't affect the text notification. I don't want to turn off notifications in general, but I don't want that list gumming up my chat box. In a large meeting today, it announced each user joining and returning from breakout rooms.

So I want to turn off the specific notification appearing in the chat window that users have joined or left. I could not find a way to do that logged into the Admin panel on the web. Is it possible? If so, how?

reno_KP
Newcomer
Newcomer

I also missing more control over in-meeting notifikations. Im also in some cases use zoom for livestreaming and then want to disable all kind of popup notifikation that activate the Hidden controlpanel.

NeuroCollab
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a very frustrating "feature." We'd really love an answer to this as well! It's extremely distracting and not helpful to see that people and joining or leaving large meetings.