cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat box not configured correctly

nbenjamin
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I open the chat box, I'm no longer able to see the full drop down menu that allows me to choose between 'Everyone' or a particular person in the meeting. This just started happening yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix this? See attached screenshot. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @nbenjamin,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

From the screen shot, it looks like you are on a Mac. I'm not aware of any issues similar to this, but there are a number of settings the Host can enable/disable on in-Meeting Chat that might affect what you would see.  See this Zoom Support article for information on how Chat can be configured:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004809306-Enabling-or-disabling-in-meeting-chat#h_d9a04...

I tried a couple of combinations of Chat settings to get the same Chat box configuration you provided, and I can't replicate it.  If you continue to have this issue in a variety of meeting settings, you might want to contact Zoom Support with a Support Ticket here:

Support Ticket entry: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

MiguelXo
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is happening to me.  If I initiate, or receive, a direct message to/from an individual during a meeting, subsequently the drop-down list from which to choose a recipient inexplicably is out of frame, as if the content is not resizing to the frame, or vice versa.  Closing the chat window does not reset anything, thus reopening retains the previous messages as well as the hidden list.

During a meeting today, another participant - also on a MAC as am I -  had this same problem.

It's real. It exists.  That's why I'm here, to find a solution.