Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable waiting room

lhrsw
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

I usually have the waiting room enabled and then disable it after class starts so I don't have to monitor and let people in while I'm talking or while a student is talking. For my last two calls, that option is grayed out. How do I disable waiting room?

The articles the chat bot gave me didn't reference this.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

moondeva
Newcomer
Newcomer

This just started happening to me too as of May 1st!! I wonder if some setting changed? It's very frustrating. The only alternative is to use passcodes and my clients hate that! 

moondeva
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did you find any help for this yet? I've tried everything. 

lhrsw
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, I haven't found any help for this, and Zoom has zero support, which is a surprise to me as someone paying for the product.

strength_
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem! anyone find a solution?

lhrsw
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, I still haven't found a solution to this. It's very annoying. I'm getting slightly better at bringing people in while talking or listening, but I really hate when I have to take my eyes off a student who is saying something important.

lyndasunshine
Newcomer
Newcomer

moondeva posted this in another thread. I haven't tried it yet, but it may work for everyone here.

I figured it out!!!!

Go to Admin > Account Management > Account Settings> Security

You will see that you have to have EITHER a password or a waiting room enabled.

Now (with recent zoom changes) if you want to be able to disable waiting room during a meeting you have to change these settings a little bit. 

> Set waiting room as "ON" (it turns blue when you toggle it on) and also

> Set waiting room as "Unlocked" (there is a little padlock button next to the on/off toggle). 

now you have made it so that the waiting room is automatically on but also you can disable the waiting room whenever you're ready during your meeting. BUT because zoom thinks that's insecure you also have to

> Turn Meeting Passcode Option ON (turns blue) and 

> LOCK this option! 

To recap:

Waiting room is ON but UNLOCKED

Passcode is ON and LOCKED.

And if you don't like to have to have your clients manually enter a passcode there is a little option further down that says "Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join" 

> turn this ON !! (only drawback is that if you turn this one on, any links you have previously sent out may not respond to this so you either need to send them the passcode or re-do the links)

Hope this helps!! Took me SOOOOOOO long to figure this out.