cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout Rooms option not appearing in the Zoom App

JacquiG34
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ive set up “Breakout Rooms” as an option in my meeting settings.

However when I’m using the App I don’t have access to the function.

The Icon just isn’t available.

if I go via the Web everything is there.

I’ve deleted and re-installed the App but no luck.

Is breakout room functionality only available on the Web or am I missing something?  

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JacquiG34.

Have you checked the More menu? In the new Workplace app version 6, some menu items move into the More menu space until you actually use them. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Yes I’ve looked there. Nothing. Or rather a few items but not “Breakout Rooms”

Ray_Harwood

Sorry, I can't tell what the issue is, if you've properly enabled everything.  I'd suggest going over these Zoom Support articles one more time in detail:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061583

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062540 

RW009
Newcomer
Newcomer

I solved this issue by replicating the Account Management instructions in the Personal section too.

I discovered that Account Management breakout options were enabled but the identical options in the Personal section was disabled. Once I enabled it in the Personal section the option was available.

JacquiG34
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you all.

After a bit of research it turns out that the problem lies in the fact that Im using an Ipad and that functionality just isn’t available in the IPad App.

I can open Zoom on the web and the “breakout room” option appears there so it looks like that’s my solution.

it would be really good for us IPad users if the App could be updated to include that option but I don’t know if that’s possible from a tech perspective.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @JacquiG34. Thanks so much for coming back and posting this information. Great detective work!

It’s an unfortunate side effect of having to support so many different system configurations – highlighting the importance of always reading the Prerequisites section of any Zoom Support article on a Zoom feature:

Ray_Harwood_0-1720976459215.png
iOS and Android aren’t mentioned as having this feature. While I’d expect to see all desktop systems mentioned, I’m a bit surprised to see it’s possible from a browser!