cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boss cannot start a zoom meeting that I set up, it says I am the host.

Bartonkm
Newcomer
Newcomer

I set up zoom meetings for my boss as a delegate via outlook and I list myself as the alternative host when I set up each meeting. I will get a phone call at the time of the meeting saying that he cannot start the zoom meeting and the message he gets is I am the host.   When you open up the invite in Outlook, it clearly says  Boss Name is inviting you to a scheduled meeting.     This has been happening for a while now but it is very random.   When it happens I notify our IT department and they perform an update.  Has this happened to anyone else, if so, did you find a resolution? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, 

Two things, 1. Make sure that you have scheduling privileges over your boss Zoom account in Zoom as well as delegate in outlook. 2. Make sure that you have properly integrated your outlook to Zoom so that when you open up an event in outlook and choose "make it a Zoom meeting" that it is sending an API to zoom to authenticate from your Zoom account. Let me know if that is helpful for you. I will also post a couple of support articles that you can reference. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068615

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061749

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brandon, Thanks for replying.  The majority of the time it works, it is only random meetings that there are issues.  I do have scheduling privileges in outlook and zoom for him.  When scheduling I use a plugin in Outlook,  do you think that could corrupt the zoom link?   I schedule meetings in outlook and zoom for two people, it is also very random for the other person as well.   I'll read your articles.

YaBoiB

IMO injection based plugins are not good at all. We do not develop for them any longer and Microsoft has decided to sunset them, so if I were you I would move to the Outlook Add-inn for your calendaring needs. It works far better than the plugin. I was hoping that the plugin would not be supported by now but for some reason it still is. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?