cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borders On Either Side Of Picture During Meeting

philipadler11
Explorer
Explorer

I've noticed that a few of the participants in our meetings have black borders on either side of their picture. Does anyone know how to adjust this? Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

That's very helpful, @philipadler11!

The fix is simple:  You are apparently using a phone or tablet for your camera, and it is positioned in Portrait orientation (long way vertical).  Simply turn your phone to Landscape orientation (long way horizontal) and your picture will fill the box.

If turning your device isn't practical or causes other issues, I'm afraid there's no other way to "fill the box" on the device.  I see this frequently from people who use a phone as their camera, and while "different", most people understand what's going on when they see it.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @philipadler11.

It would be helpful to have a screen shot, so we can see what you are seeing.  You can redact faces and names... but where is this "black border"?

Some black borders naturally occur within the Zoom screen, depending on the number of gallery images available, and other factors.  It's difficult to help without some more information.

Hi Ray. Thank you for helping me. Here is a screenshot of our meeting. You can see that myself and one other has black borders and the others dont. Philip

Ray_Harwood

That's very helpful, @philipadler11!

The fix is simple:  You are apparently using a phone or tablet for your camera, and it is positioned in Portrait orientation (long way vertical).  Simply turn your phone to Landscape orientation (long way horizontal) and your picture will fill the box.

If turning your device isn't practical or causes other issues, I'm afraid there's no other way to "fill the box" on the device.  I see this frequently from people who use a phone as their camera, and while "different", most people understand what's going on when they see it.

philipadler11
Explorer
Explorer

So just turn it sideways? 

Ray_Harwood

Yep, it's that easy.  Watch my demonstration video: 

https://vimeo.com/939321045?share=zoomcommunity