Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Boxes where I have floating meeting controls and participant box

nad2009
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I've tried everything that has already been mentioned on these threads about black boxes showing where floating meeting and participant box is showing...but to no avail.

Why is this happening? I use lenovo laptop. Here is troubleshooting I've already done:

1. Turned off Use Hardware Acceleration to Optimize Video Share

2. Turned off Optimize for Video

3. Updated latest version both on my laptop and zoom

4. changed video rendering method

5. changed screen capture mode too all available options

6. Ive deselected the Use TCP connection for screen sharing check box.

6. I've seen lots of folks mention GPU settings... I have Intel Iris but I dont see any option to change the settings there related to Zoom. So this the only thing I havent done but thats because its not clear exactly how to do it. 

Help!

1 REPLY 1

Brandop
Newcomer
Newcomer

I know some have stated updating the intel iris drivers directly from intel to fix this issue.  In my case,  updated to latest from Lenovo and it created the black boxes for me on a 10th gen X1 Carbon.  I rolled it back to driver date: 6/8/2024 version: 32.0.101.5542 for our admin assistant who handles alot of screen sharing for board meetings  and just recently saw this happen as well.  This fixed her issue, but I will do some testing with the latest drivers directly from Intel to see if it's the better option.