cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio looping after Monterey OS update

morning_soul
Explorer
Explorer

I am getting a short  ~1/2 second audio loop sporadically coming on calls well after they start.

Details:

Recently upgraded to Monterey OS on a new M1 chip MacBook Pro

Audio looping is only audible on the other end of the zoom call (not on my end)

This has occurred 3 times in the past week.  Twice with a user who was in a zoom room at our company.  Once with an individual using his laptop and headphones.

In all instances, this occurs well into the meeting. 20-40 minutes

Any others experienced this?  Would seem to be a software artifact rather than hardware since it is not present at the start of the meetings. 

44 REPLIES 44

That's interesting, that'll be the first instance of something that isn't a Logi(tech) webcam doing it. What webcam are you using - something else, or the Mac's own?
What you do have are the other consistent factors - a Mac, and what sounds like a USB convertor or USB hub. 
I can tell you what does work for me without the loops I previously had - using a Rode Rodecaster Pro 2 for the audio interface (it has USB out as a socket - so you can use a C cable. And an Ankerwork B600 camera. Hope that helps, would be great to know what exact equipment you're running for audio and video. Maybe Logi's factory makes it 😉

Not the first instance. It happened to me with an Anker C300 which has USB-C so it plugs directly in to the Mac. (No hub, no converter.) Compelling evidence that it's a problem with MacOS, not the 3rd party cam or mic.

Likely, using a different port is irrelevant and just unplugging/replugging solved the problem (until it happens again, that is).

I recommend you contact Apple for support. They need to hear the system is misbehaving, else they won't know they need to fix it. (I've called but more people need to.)

RolandHalpern
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issue. Everything seems fine but halfway through the meeting participants start complaining about echos and not being able to hear me. When I check the audio settings I see a red "sound" bar when it should be green. I've never had the problem with Windows but the minute I started using Mac Studio it began happening. Thought it was the Logitech webcam, so I bought an Anker which supposedly has echo cancelling technology, but same problem. I've been forced to use my laptop for meetings. Sill don't know where the problem lies.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @RolandHalpern,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

If you are using Zoom Room, kindly double check if someone in the room is also logged in on the meeting or another device has their mic turned on.

Most of the time the feedback happens when multiple attendees or devices are in one room and two or more have their microphone turned on.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?