cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a Meeting from the Registration Reply

Vicki
Newcomer
Newcomer

I created a meeting using manually-approved registrations.  When the meeting started, many people could not join.  The link took them back to Register for the Meeting.  I could not get the actual meeting link.  I tried and wound up with a link that again took them back to Register for the Meeting.  I did not realize at the time that I could resend the link from the Manage Attendees in the Registration section.  Finally one attendee started sharing her link.  Soon we had a dozen Nancy's who had joined.

Any idea why the link seemed to go back to the Registration area instead of into the meeting? 

I learned from this that next time I should do a send the link to everyone shortly before the meeting so they have a good link near the top of their mailbox.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Vicki , 

There are a couple of different possible causes. 

1. If you changed anything about the registration page, such as required questions, that will invalidate all existing registrations, as Zoom realizes they are now incomplete. If that is the case, the link provided after registration is approved would send them back to the Registration page to register again. 
2. It could be that your registrants were using the link to the registration page or just the generic link you (as the host) would use. It's important that registrants use their unique link that is provided in the confirmation email when their registration is approved. This also explains why you had so many Nancys, as they all used her unique link. 

While meetings with registration are not able to automatically send reminder emails (only something for Webinar registration), you can manually resend those confirmation emails. I'd suggest doing that, just to ensure everyone uses the correct link. More info about that can be found on the support site

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.