cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show one panelist at a time?

CAMILLECURRIE1
Newcomer
Newcomer

For a webinar tonight (6/12), I have four panelists (and I am the host). How can I show one panelist when they are presenting and not the others when they are not presenting? And, how do I bring all four back on the screen together for the Q & A?

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CAMILLECURRIE1 

It’s tricky, and not very intuitive. 

First, the Host must set the Attendee View to Speaker. When this is set, only Spotlighted panelists will be shown to Attendees. You can Spotlight from 1 to 9 panelists (including hosts and cohosts in this case). Only Spotlighted panelists we’ll be visible to attendees. 

When changing presenters, use the Replace Spotlight menu function. When the last Presenter is finished, use Add Spotlight to bring all four of them on screen. 

Note that your display (and other panelist’s displays) might be different! I find it helpful to log in as an Attendee on another account and device to see what Attendees see. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

hi

I just want to show the participants the speakers video. We have 4 of them. When I as the host turn off my Video there ist a black tile with my name displayed on the screen. But as a Host I just want to support with  Polls and Q&A.   Any idea how I can make the my Host Black Tile invisibel for the audience?  Thanks for any advice

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Operayo1.

I’m assuming you’re talking about a Webinar. To have control over what attendees see, you need to do the following:

1. Set Attendee View to Speaker. (If Screen Sharing is in progress, set to Side-by-side Speaker.) Ask your cohosts to not change this menu setting; panelists without cohost permission will not see this menu setting. 
  2. Spotlight all participants whose video you want to be visible to attendees.
  3. Maintain spotlighted videos by using Remove Spotlight and Add Spotlight, or Replace Spotlight when appropriate.
  4. Remember – and remind your panelists and Cohosts – that their view might not match what the attendees see.
  5. I highly recommend logging in as an attendee on another device so you as Host have confidence in that settings and spotlighting are giving the attendees the view you seek to provide.
  6. You and the panelists & cohosts can set your own view to Gallery to see all of the panelists video; or set to Speaker to only see spotlighted participants. 

With this setup, no need to stop your video – just Remove Spotlight for yourself when you don’t want to be seen by the attendees. 

Note: This approach also works for Meetings, except that attendees can change their view between Speaker and Gallery as they wish. 

Operayo1
Newcomer
Newcomer

what is the best and save way to show a video clip in a webinar that runs smooth and sounds is good.. any tips?

Ray_Harwood

@Operayo1, I’ve used the video player built into Share Screen reliably many times. 

Click Share Screen, click the Advanced tab at top, click the Video icon, click the blue Share button. A file chooser will appear; navigate and locate the video you want to play. 

Then, when you click the Open button of the file selection dialog box, you will see a video player appear, showing the first frame of your video (which is often a black screen).  Click the Play button, and your video will be played for everyone!

Note that when you click the Video button on the Advanced tab, the Sound and Optimize checkboxes are automatically checked. This will ensure smooth video and audio — assuming you have a good internet connection. I recommend wired connectivity, not WiFi. 

See this Zoom Support article for additional info:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360051673592-Sharing-a-recorded-video-with-sound-during-yo...