cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Clips File Folder Location

imKofi
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have recorded a few Clips with Zoom, where can I locate the recordings on my PC? They do not appear to be in the meeting recordings.

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @imKofi

Zoom Clips are cloud based, so they will show up on the left side of your Zoom.us/profile web UI view. Where your meetings tab, and settings tabs are, the clips is down just a bit further. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17537207179917-Zoom-Clips-user-guide

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

They're asking where it records at first before being uploaded. I have the same issue now. I have an extremely slow Internet connection and did a recording and it's been "finishing" for fifteen minutes now. I want to find the folder on my PC the raw file was saved in case I need to stop the upload and retry uploading tomorrow from a better WiFi location

YaBoiB

Hello @tylerzegil

That I do not know and will have to look into for you by reaching out to our Zoom Clips team. I know that cloud recordings (regular zoom recordings) go to a backend server and if they have issues transcoding Zoom support intervention is required, but I am not sure about Zoom clips, let me check on that for you and reach out via this thread when I get a response. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hello @tylerzegil

Unfortunately, it is now saved to our file server, so a good internet connection is needed. I apologize for this. Because of this thread, I am speaking to our product team, and we are going to look into ideas such as yours ( similar to say OBS) where we can allow a setting to allow you (the user) to save a file locally (hard drive). I am discussing this with Engineering and Product as of this morning and I will let you know as we talk through the development. 

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for posting and providing thought-provoking ideas to improve this product. 

Please let me know if you or anyone else on this thread has any further ideas/feedback on the product. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion