cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problem - with win11 mic privacy setting

Noam7

Hi, I have a problem with Zoom installed on a laptop with Windows 11 operating system:
When I use Zoom, no sound is produced from the computer's speakers or any other sound means (even though they are connected and working properly and work with all the other applications on the computer).
The speakers do work on zoom when I disable the "let desktop apps access your microphone" option in Windows "privacy and safety settings" of the zoom microphone - but then there is a zoom sound - but the microphone is not active...

It should be noted that when I perform "TEST SPEAKERS AND MIC" - sometimes the test sound is heard for about a second and then disappears (this happens with all possible sound sources on the computer - headphones, built-in speakers, external speakers).

What to do to solve the problem?
I would be happy to get an idea from someone who has experienced the problem

2 REPLIES 2

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Noam7,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Kindly check out this article for additional troubleshooting steps for audio issues.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello, same problem and symptoms here with Windows 11 OS: checking sound with USB connected headset (EPOS 650) doesn't work properly. This was not an issue with Windows 10 OS.

I removed and reinstalled Zoom (release 6.2.6), but this didn't improve the situation. Following the instructions to clear the cache doesn't work either (Windows wouldn't allow deleting the "data" folder from Appdata/roaming/zoom/).

The issue was already present with Zoom release 6.2.5.

Please, fix this. Thank you