cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Whiteboard

jimi
Listener

With 5.10.3, Whiteboards are turned on for all users. Is there a way to disable them at the account (web) level? I know they can be turned off in a meeting by unchecking Whiteboards in Security.

Turning it off in In Meeting (Basic) -> Whiteboard (Classic) doesn't do it.

The problem is that anyone can start a Whiteboard, and it hijacks the meeting until someone figures out how to turn it off (uncheck in Security or Stop Participants Sharing in View Options). Since the ad for the feature shows up in every client that updates, someone is sure to do an "OOh, I wonder what this is."

5 REPLIES 5

host-ctmatw
Listener

We've had bombers hijack our meetings through this... Is there no way to disable this "feature"?

Login to Zoom Portal , Then Under Admin , Account Management , Account Settings. Then click on Whiteboard (New) at top , Their is the setting you would need to disable to get the options to disable. Push slider to the left and disable. Then push the lock on all 3 options. 

• In meeting whiteboard (NEW)
  • Out-of-Meeting Whiteboard (NEW)
  • Whiteboard cloud sharing

Fullscreen capture 552022 113124 PM.bmp.jpg

 Hope this helps, They will not be able to Hijack meeting with Whiteboard Moving forward.

This did not work for me, couldn't find the sliders. I should check my Zoom version, but we had bombers use the whiteboard feature and it was disturbing... I have a week to figure it out.  Any other ideas?

Update to my previous reply... I was able to find the correct settings and disabled whiteboard prvileges. Thank you.

BradWTNN
Listener

Login to Zoom Portal , Then Under Admin , Account Management , Account Settings. Then click on Whiteboard (New) at top , Their is the setting you would need to disable to get the options to disable. Push slider to the left and disable. Then push the lock on all 3 options. 

• In meeting whiteboard (NEW)
  • Out-of-Meeting Whiteboard (NEW)
  • Whiteboard cloud sharing

BradWTNN_0-1651808927056.jpeg

 Hope this helps, They will not be able to Hijack meeting with Whiteboard Moving forward.