cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not upload a .exe file in my chats

TechyShadow
Listener

I am a programmer that made a small app and want to share it to my friends but zoom wont let me share a .exe file with my friends. Why is that. And how can I disable that setting?

3 REPLIES 3

Sujay_Dhawade
Listener

Hi, I am a zoom user since a long time. I have multiple channels. The issue you have raised is the issue I had many times. But what happens is that, zoom has not yet made this feature available as they are experimenting the zoom chat features. 
So the final answer to your Query is that, still zoom has not made the feature available to send .exe files through chats. 
Hope your concern is resolved.

Zoom_Master
Attendee

Hi @TechyShadow,

The same thing happened to me, and I tried to open it normally out of zoom, my Windows Defender said that it's risky to open this file. Maybe because .exe files have viruses...
Thank You

Zoom_Master
Attendee

To continue, I tried copying the image and pasting it, it works fine in the zoom chat but not in the meeting chat... I even named it Sonic.EXE but when I searched it in folders it showed only Sonic and in the place where you type to search it was showing Sonic.EXE... then I deleted it off my desktop now I am going to delete it off my folders.