cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Chat Archive Deleted Comments

Peaches379
Listener

We are looking at implementing Zoom Team Chat.  With our current IM solution, at times I need to go in and run reports to produce conversation history between 2 people.  Sometimes for managers.  Sometimes for litigation.  I am noticing with Zoom the person that posted the comment has the option to delete that comment and then it doesn't show up in the chat history report.  I found a setting under Account Settings, Team Chat:

Store edited and deleted message revisions

When I enable that, now I see the deleted posts on a 1:1 chat, but a channel still disappears into the ether if I delete a comment.  I'm not opposed to allowing people to edit / delete.  I'm just concerned there's no archive or reporting tracking what's happened.  Is there some trick or setting that would keep deleted channel comments in a report?  The notes under that setting seem to imply it would keep channel deletes too.  Maybe it's supposed to work.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

@Peaches379 I just tested this and I cannot replicate your situation. 

I have enabled "Store edited and deleted messages" as you noted above.  I also have permissions to access the Chat History report.
I picked a channel in my Zoom Client and then went into a thread and deleted a few messages.  I waited a few minutes, just to be sure that system processes changes like that.
Then I went to the Chat History report and searched out the proper date range that included those deleted messages.  My initial results showed the following header row below (data not shown for privacy).  The "Type" column shows if it's a Channel, 1:1, or Group Chat.  I accessed the channel by clicking the View button.  Then I located the thread and saw those deleted messages with the time and date stamp of when they were deleted.

How about you give it another shot and check my process and permissions outlined above?

HamiltonZoomie_1-1695221440526.png

HamiltonZoomie_0-1695221304138.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hamilton-Zoomie

@Peaches379 I just tested this and I cannot replicate your situation. 

I have enabled "Store edited and deleted messages" as you noted above.  I also have permissions to access the Chat History report.
I picked a channel in my Zoom Client and then went into a thread and deleted a few messages.  I waited a few minutes, just to be sure that system processes changes like that.
Then I went to the Chat History report and searched out the proper date range that included those deleted messages.  My initial results showed the following header row below (data not shown for privacy).  The "Type" column shows if it's a Channel, 1:1, or Group Chat.  I accessed the channel by clicking the View button.  Then I located the thread and saw those deleted messages with the time and date stamp of when they were deleted.

How about you give it another shot and check my process and permissions outlined above?

HamiltonZoomie_1-1695221440526.png

HamiltonZoomie_0-1695221304138.png

Yes.  Apparently I should have tried it the next day.  I found the setting and saw that it worked for 1:1.  I tested the channel delete shortly after I enabled the setting and didn't see it in history.  Apparently channel took a bit longer to kick in?  I see the deleted comments on 1:1 and channels now.  Thanks for taking the time to test and reply!