cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between two different computers during a call

Barms
Listener

I hope someone can assist. I typically use Zoom on my laptop as normal. I have an interactive screen (Windows OS) in my office and often during a zoom call, I want to switch over to use the interactive screen so that I can use the whiteboard feature as well as making notes on a presentation that I have shared with my team. As soon as I log in to zoom on the interactive screen, it logs me out of my laptop but doesn't give me an option to join the call on the interactive screen. Is this possible? 

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Barms 

This is expected behavior, as Zoom by default only allows you to be signed-in to one computer, one tablet, and one mobile device at any time. As soon as you sign-in to the 2nd computer, it logs you out of the first. 

Do you know what type of account you are on? 

Barms
Listener

That's what i have picked up researching this issue but I just can't believe that you can't continue the call. Can understand it logging you out but I would have thought that you would at least be able to pick up the call again. We are on a Pro subscription. 

Bort

Zoom did just release a new feature that facilitates transfering meetings between devices, but was designed with mobile/desktop transfers in mind. 

I know that it's possible to raise this limit, but I believe it's only available to Business accounts and higher. 

An alternative for you would be to just join the meeting on the other device without signing-in, but there may be some security for the meeting that could prevent that (users must be authenticated). 

Barms
Listener

So it is available for Business subscribers?