cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot share files on my desktop with my home desktop computer.

dmullman
Listener

I have used zoom for a couple of years.  I can share my desktop  files on my laptop and office computer but I cannot share my desktop files on my home computer.  I have updated and uninstalled and reinstalled and I still cannot share.  Here is a screen shot of what I get.  How do I fix this?

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.41.36 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Can you check all of your screen sharing settings to make sure that you, as the host, can share your desktop? 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153

Do you own your Zoom account, or are you a part of a business account that your company owns? The Zoom admin for your organization could have desktop screen sharing disabled by default. If you are a part of a business or organizational account, you can click on your account profile tab and reach out to the Zoom Admin for your company/organization, and request that you be allowed to share your whole desktop. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brandon

Thank you for the reply.  I have my own account.  I am the administrator which I am totally unqualified for.  I use it for my work. I went to settings on the online portal and on my zoom app.  I think I have the correct things checked.  I am attaching both screen shots.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

David

YaBoiB

@dmullman ,

That looks right to me. Here is a screenshot of my Zoom settings from my test account. Keep in mind that I am on a mac so the settings preferences may be different. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 8.34.37 PM.png

 You will want to show all sharing options to be selected if you have that preference. Some basic accounts do not have the same preferences that paid accounts do by default. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Brandon,

I  have a paid account and I am on a new  iMac.  (I could share the screen on my old iMac).

I copied your settings and it did not change.  But it said to record I had to go to system preferences.  there I was able to cahnge the setting and allow zoom to record.  I quit zoom and reopened it and now I can share my entire desktop but I cannot share particular files until the whole desktop is on the screen.  In the past and on both my  laptop and office computer (both Macs)  I open files an d put them on my desktop and I can choose what ever is open andI am not given a choice to open the whole desktop.  So - I want to thank you.  You have been a big help and gotten me to a point that I can work with.  thanks again!

David

YaBoiB

Hey David, 

If you go back into your system preferences and check your full disk access, you may need to give Zoom permission there. I could not tell from your first post that this was in your system preferences, but now that you say that it makes sense. Make sure that Zoom has permission in all of your system preferences settings if that is what you wish to have as a setting preference. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 8.13.02 AM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Zoom Customer Support Team

My name is John2John. I have purchased the Zoom PRO license on 3/4/2022.
As host, I've been having a problem with "Screen Share" while in MTG.
I wrote all that I've done in the past , so this might help you understand what I'm talking about.

I have tried on a different computer, and it works.
I have tried a free zoom account on the current computer and it used work.
I have changed to  PRO VERSION and it suddenly stopped letting me share my screen while in the MTG.
I can share my screen as long as alone in the room.
Other participants can share their screen with no problem.
I have unchecked the setting for my zoom that "disables share screen when there are other participants".

PLEASE HELP ME!!  I am scheduling a MTG on 3/15/2022. I will need to fix this problem...
Thanks for your attention and cooperation!!