cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I retrieve a recording??

Malaika
Listener

I was made co-host to record a meeting -- my first time doing this. The host ended the meeting while I was trying to end and save the meeting. Is it gone forever or am I somehow able to find the recording?? This was an important zoom I needed to re-view and refer to often. 

12 REPLIES 12

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Was the recording set up for cloud or local recording?

Regards

Malaika
Listener

It was set up to save to my computer. Host instructed me to record it that way. 

Frank_TB

Hello,

Here is the default location where Zoom saves local recordings. Unless you changed it of course.

By default, local recordings will be placed in following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
  • Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thank you I’m going to try now

Malaika
Listener

I have a MAC and copy/pasted the appropriate link. I get "your file couldn't be accessed"  😕

Frank_TB

Hi,

[Username] is just a place holder for whatever your user account is called on your computer.

Regards

Malaika
Listener

The first question, perhaps, is...I was actively clicking on "end recording" when the host ended the meeting. So is it even possible that it was saved? Once the meeting was ended, my whole screen disappeared. I'm assuming that when you end the recording, there's a cascade of prompts that asks if you want to save it and what you want to label the file as, etc. I was not allowed to do any of that. 

Malaika
Listener

My apologies, I don't understand your comment here: "[Username] is just a place holder for whatever your user account is called on your computer." Could you please clarify?

Frank_TB

Thank you! I followed the instructions, but I do not have the Macintosh HD folder, nor the Startup Disk folder. Not sure why if it's considered the default. I was not able to complete the steps. I appreciate your help. It's probably a helpless cause, unfortunately. 

Frank_TB
  1. It's a good question. I don't know if your recording survived.  But, if you didn't change default location that is where you should  potentially find the recording.

Good luck!

Malaika
Listener

unfortunately i don't know where the default location is or how to find it. the link you provided, unfortunately did not work 😕