cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Team Chat

michael_ibis
Listener

I accidentally deleted a specific group chat on Zoom Team Chat and cannot locate this anywhere now - desktop app or web portal. Does anyone know if it is possible to recover a deleted team chat (as opposed to a chat from a meeting)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

You cannot necessarily "recover" a deleted chat as that implies that a user or admin restored the message to be visible in the Zoom client for all to see and access again.
Admins have a setting in the web portal under Account Management > Account Settings > Team Chat tab to store edited and deleted messages.
If that setting is enabled, then the Admins can see those messages that are edited and deleted in the app by users or by other admins from the Chat History Report.  Note that access to the Chat History report is, by default, only available to account owners - they need to grant a role permission for Admins to be able to access that report and see the deleted messages.... from there you can download/export, but not necessarily restore the message so it's viewable in the app.

If that helps, smash that button that I helped address your situation accurately!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hamilton-Zoomie

You cannot necessarily "recover" a deleted chat as that implies that a user or admin restored the message to be visible in the Zoom client for all to see and access again.
Admins have a setting in the web portal under Account Management > Account Settings > Team Chat tab to store edited and deleted messages.
If that setting is enabled, then the Admins can see those messages that are edited and deleted in the app by users or by other admins from the Chat History Report.  Note that access to the Chat History report is, by default, only available to account owners - they need to grant a role permission for Admins to be able to access that report and see the deleted messages.... from there you can download/export, but not necessarily restore the message so it's viewable in the app.

If that helps, smash that button that I helped address your situation accurately!