cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocorrect - annoying feature

tblahut
Listener

I am using Zoom to contact a client. I am polish speaking person, so my primary keyboard settings on my OS is set to polish. But i am using english to communicate with client.

Zoom is autocorrecting some of my words when i am using english into polish similar one, eg. them -> tchem (which is correct polish word), finish -> finisz (same as before) and some other. Its annoying, and it happens all the time. I was looking for some setting for it, but there is none or i am literally blind. And it happens only in Zoom, no other app and i tend to use mixed languages everywhere, not only Zoom.

Is there a way to force Zoom to use english or disable this autocorrect completely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hello tblahut

unfortunately there is no option in zoom to change the autocorrection as zoom is using the autocorrection from the OS (Windows, Linux, MacOS etc.)
So in order to have no false corrections please turn off the autocorrection on windows or your operating system.

cheers,

calvo

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Calvo

Hello tblahut

unfortunately there is no option in zoom to change the autocorrection as zoom is using the autocorrection from the OS (Windows, Linux, MacOS etc.)
So in order to have no false corrections please turn off the autocorrection on windows or your operating system.

cheers,

calvo

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

mikegraf
Listener

MacOS

Settings.app ->  Keyboard -> Edit Input sources -> un toggle features you do not want such as correct spelling or smart quotes. 

vbianchini_q
Listener

I agree, Zoom just 'corrected' my client's name, which was embarrassing for me! 

I don't have an issue with this feature on other tools, it would indeed be helpful to be able to change specifically in Zoom